Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Contributor: PSILOCYBEP4RI4HSooo, I did a thing.
Took a photo of the Solar Eclipse today. Unfortunately I'm a long way away from the Path of Totality, but I think it still turned out pretty cool.
[Image: ZAfppwg.jpg]

EDIT: Cannaibalized the lenses out of the glasses to make a makeshift filter and then tried again at peak times:
[Image: TJZW1dN.jpg]
[Image: bHcEn6P.png]
PSN/XBL: PSILOCYBEP4RI4H
I wasn't in the path of totality either but it was fun to look at.
Website Find
(08-21-2017, 07:19 PM)Jax Wrote: I wasn't in the path of totality either but it was fun to look at.

I really wish I was... It was so damn far away from me though.
Really like your second picture.
[Image: Zmhxu3m.gif]
Lucky i didn't get shit on California. Although the sun looked trippy in the morning. Didn't wear glasses as we all are gonna die.
~ Inner Weeb ~
[Image: nAza5IO.png]

(08-21-2017, 10:58 PM)Nevieth Wrote: Really like your second picture.

I was able to cover more of my lens by cannibalizing the glasses so there was less bleed from the sides. When I was just holding the glasses over my lens, as I zoomed the glasses shrunk. At 110mm you couldn't even tell I had them there anymore.
I didn't get to see it
Website Find
Second one looks really nice. I fell asleep waiting for a couple of friends to call me with plans so I missed the whole thing.
(08-22-2017, 11:44 AM)Boring Wrote: Second one looks really nice. I fell asleep waiting for a couple of friends to call me with plans so I missed the whole thing.

I wasn't even really interested because I wouldn't see totality, but then my sister stopped in and gave me glasses. Thought it was pretty cool at that point. The next one in 2024 the Path of Totality goes right over where I'm living now, so IF I'm still here, I'll see it really well!
In a few years I'll get a chance to see a solar eclipse, but it won't be a full one.